Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Good Luck Syd! - 2016 Paralympics


We recently received another update from our friend, Equicizer owner & supporter, Sydney Collier, on her journey to Rio to compete in the Paralympics. We first met Syd and her mom, Anna, back in 2013 when she picked up her Equicizer, Wyburn, from our shop in Norwalk, Ohio. (Pictured right - Equicizer owner and creator Frankie Lovato, with Syd aboard our Equicizer "Brownie" and her mother, Anna, during their visit to our shop)

With many years of hard work behind her, Syd qualified for the US Equestrian Team with her mount, Rosie, and she has been keeping us updated on her journey to Rio thus far! (You can read Syd's previous blog, last month, by clicking here.)


By Sydney Collier

Well guys the count down is officially on!!! 5 days [from today, August 27th] until we leave to go to training camp in Ocala, Florida!!! Can't believe it! Time went by so slow in July and now it's flying by; I'm so excited! I'm already packing up all my things in anticipation! This past weekend I did my final show with Rosie before Rio. It was so great to get into the ring one last time before we head overseas! The show made me more confident than ever in Rosie and my abilities. So excited to represent our country on the biggest stage in the world! So proud of the US already! Over 100 medals! Can't wait to get over to Rio and take in the whole experience with my team mates! The whole thing feels so surreal right now, I don't think it will really hit me until we board that plane headed to Brazil. If you check out my athlete page on Facebook, I'll keep you updated and I'll do my best to post my ride times and where to watch my rides on there. Thank you all so much for your incredible support! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Shown above, Syd & Teammates prior to leaving the USA.
 
Syd landed in Rio a couple of days ago and, alongside her teammates, she's settling in and gearing up for her competitions. We wish Syd, Rosie and all of Team USA the best of luck as they represent in the 2016 Paralympics!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment