Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Letter From an Equicizer Owner -

A couple of weeks ago we received the following heartfelt letter from a recent Equicizer owner. It touched our hearts so much, we couldn't help but share it with you - our friends and supporters - with Susan's permission. 


                                                                                                                  July 30, 2018
Dear Frankie,

Start to finish - the experience of ordering and all the way to receiving my Equicizer Lucky Star was a totally enjoyable experience. Your customer service is excellent & I thank you for patiently answering all my questions & concerns. The freight company was also excellent too. The driver even pulled as far as he could do so comfortably for him into my driveway and then used a hand truck to bring my Equicizer near my front door. This actually made his leaving my area easier - although I don't think the driver knew that.

I meant to write much sooner to say how delighted & pleased I am with Lucky Star. However, now I can give you a much, much better report on how much Lucky Star has already provided for me, and my mother.

Thank you for the video on YouTube with the doctor talking about how beneficial an Equicizer is for a person with osteoporosis. My mother is 87. I showed her the video. She rides Lucky Star a few minutes a day. She says she is amazed at how she, in just a few weeks - less than a month even - now has so much less pain in her lower back and feels like her balance is improving. What a wonderful surprise benefit that the horse provided (that you provided by making this for me - and us). Thank you so much 😊

After having the Equicizer about 3 weeks we went on a vacation for a week where I got to go riding on hilly trails for 2 hours a day. We had just been there in May so I got a good comparison of the difference it made in the quality of my riding.

When Lucky Star arrived, I watched the videos which Ruth Hogan Poulsen and Jane Savoie made and did my best to implement what they said to do. I was only able to ride Lucky Star 10-22 minutes a day - usually closer to 10. So of course I was surprised and amazed at what a huge difference it made when I got on a live horse. I was a lot more physically relaxed and able to simply follow the movement of the horse with my seat. Normally, I would really feel my legs being sore by the end of the two hour ride (walk, trot, canter). This time I was not sore at all. It could be better described as simply feeling wonderful - with endorphins coursing through my body. I was eager to ride more. 

One immediate benefit the Equicizer provided me was a vast improvement in my posture - even when not on my indoor horse. Thank you for helping me to improve my posture - in general. My balance was tested during the 10 hours of riding, with the horses doing what horses may sometimes do: It seemed like one to two times each ride my balance was tested by something that could have unseated me or at the very least left me feeling anxious or more tense or nervous. 

I had 2 different horses spook from being startled. One horse bucked because of a mean horsefly who bit him (in spite of the fly spray).  One horse stumbled - (this could have been my fault as I am still a novice going up and down slopes). One horse pivoted 90 degrees to the left to avoid a kick from the horse in front of him, we actually pivoted into the horse's chest who was behind us. The final test was when my horse decided to jump the ditch we were crossing. It was about 2 feet up! 

I am so proud of myself that because of the Equicizer, and the videos, I was able to take each of those in stride and not be flustered, nervous, after them.

Also, a huge benefit provided by the Equicizer to me is that I am finally able to really "get" the concept AND do it - of consistent steady contact on the bit. This was also critical as I never lost control of my horse - even if I momentarily lost contact.

The final thing I will mention is that I received a high praise compliment. The one guide was watching me do the rising trot - she told me I have a really good seat and asked if I had been taking lessons. I told her no, I got my Equicizer. She told me that their horse vet has one in her office and that she wants one. I said that the riding place could get one. So she told the woman who owns the place that I have a good seat, am a good rider & I have an Equicizer. I am putting a brochure that you provided in the mail to her today, as I told her I would do. 

I am so very grateful and full of appreciation for you creating these and that you built me one too. Thank you for helping me become the rider I have always wanted to be - I know that as I continue to ride it & do the stretches on it (like the other video showed) that I will continue to improve, and become a great rider. You have absolutely exceeded my expectations - I am more excited than ever about riding horses. I feel as though I have been given an exceedingly valuable and priceless gift. Words are failing to express how much I appreciate what you have provided for me with Lucky Star.

I thank you. My mother thanks you.

Susan P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment